As the Republic of Angola is a lawful and democratic state, it is therefore responsible for creating the most appropriate conditions for the application of public policies with a view to ensuring the country’s economic and social growth and development, which requires it to do so, the adoption of policies through which it can achieve the objectives set.
Given the current socioeconomic context in which the country lives, the urgent need arises to create relevant strategies, and it will be up to the state to systematically stimulate and catalyze development and mobilize the formation of economic communities, create and maintain an environment conducive to innovation and stimulate investment. national and foreign, supporting new entrepreneurs.
In this context, the National Network of Logistic Platforms was created, as part of the National Development Plan, which should constitute a physical interface between logistics and transport, in its entirety, which converges in the national logistics system itself, which is a fundamental part of the process. economic growth and social development.
The National Network of Logistics Platforms program was designed to adequately cover the entire national territory and to be distributed among different categories and priorities, according to the specific vocation of each Platform and the nature of the existing resources, strategic positioning, etc.
Knowing that the Logistics Platforms play an essential role in the realization of the plans drawn up by the executive, the CNC is involved in the process of dynamizing the National Network of Logistic Platforms (RNPL), which has the verification of the need for the existence of an entity with strategic positioning transversal in the logistics sector in Angola, with scope on the regulation, supervision and inspection of activities in the logistics chain.
- PL is a delimited logistical zone, with security, where operators and companies that carry out activities related to supply, transport and distribution chains are installed. Specifically, PL guarantees space for storage and parking of containers and has common logistical services, namely cargo handling and consolidation, distribution provided by transport operators, among others.
- The platforms can integrate a network, the National Network of Logistic Platforms (RNPL), which connects strategic locations in the country, ensuring the optimization of logistics and transport chains and contributing to position Angola as a continental platform for the entry and exit of goods that circulate within the scope of foreign trade in the country and in the group of countries in the sub-region.
- Additionally, RNPL’s PL are multimodal (with emphasis on the railway network), provide services to third parties, ensure constant visibility of stored and distribution cargo (through the implementation of IT), allow export / import (as all PL of the have customs services) and ensure other benefits (eg maximum intra-RNPL freight).
Priority is given to the infrastructure of four logistical platforms foreseen in the PDN 2018-2022 (Lombe-Malanje, Soyo-Zaire, Menongue-Cuando Cubango and Luau-Moxico).
For more information, consult the legal regime on the National Network of Logistics Platforms in Presidential Legislative Decree No. 3/15 of 16 September.
LOGISTIC PLATFORMS PLANNED IN THE PDN 2018 – 2020
- Regional Logistics Platform of Lombe – Malange Province.
- Soyo Logistics Platform – Zaire Province.
- Menongue Logistics Platform – Cuando Cubango Province.
- Luau Logistics Platform – Moxico Province.